Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 1

This year my Hubby and I have given up smoking once again.  I hope this is the year we can make this possible. We have gone 24 hours so far.  I had a hard afternoon,  got out to my Jeep and the battery was dead.  Jumped it off and away I went to the grocery store.  When I got out from spending the crazy amount of money it takes to feed a family of 6 my battery was dead.  I was the total redneck jumping my car in the Harris Teeter parking lot with a jump box REALLY! Then it was time to slapped on one of those nicotine patches.  I have never tried this method before and it seems to be working.  The hard times seems to be after eating something.  I seems to be eating more than normal, I am trying to keep my mind off of wanting a cigarette.

I guess the next thing to do is start my work out.  Santa brought me Zumba for the Wii.  I have played around with it some.  The kids have been on winter break and have had the machine going full force.  School starts back Monday so my goal is the minute they are gone start my zumba workout, then off to work.

This week has been a cleaning out weekend.  It seems like the minute the tree is out of the house, I start a cleaning and tossing, or goodwill theme.  I have created a landfill of trash.  Thanks to my neighbors Jo and Ray for letting me use their roll out canister for the abundance of trash.  I have made 2 trips to goodwill and plan on making yet another one tomorrow.  I still have my closet to go through.

Tomorrow I get a chance to see a brand new baby girl.  She will be 3 days old.  Love the smell of babies!!!

Hope to posting tomorrow for another cigarette free day. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog! Yep, we're still playing with those sponge bombs, too. We love the Zumba Wii, but our favorite is the Michael Jackson Wii. Both are a workout! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete