Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 29th

Pin It
Wow!  This weekend flew by.  We started the weekend off with a trip to red box to rent a movie.  We arrived at our local Harris Teeter to grab the movie of our choice and it was not there.  UGH.  So back home to watch the 200 channels we get from our local cable company.

I often wonder why we always need more than we have.  I am really afraid that I have done injustice to my kids.  I look around and it seems to be the trend.  Why is it that we are no longer happy with what we have, and are always looking for more.  What is the empty that we are trying to fill.  Don't get me wrong, I want my kids to try there best and always think that there is room for some type of improvement.  I don't want them to be content with life, I want them to always look for ways that they can make a difference.  I am really concerned about the material and superficial things.  It seems that when we didn't make the 3 figure income that we were really happy when something new came into our home.  The if you want it just go out and buy it was never an option for me when I was growing up, and I turned out pretty good.

Wow, sorry I really went off on that topic.  Sorry for that, I am back to the real world.  Saturday morning the girls and I dropped off the Durango at an auto detail shop to get it ready to sell. He really wanted to keep it until Monday, because he was closing in an hour. I decided that we would walk up to the next exit to grab a bite to eat and then the dollar store.  Then from there we would walk all the way back home.  3 hours later we made it home.  I clocked it this afternoon and we walked 7 Miles.  Our feet were killing us.  To be honest the last 2 miles where the worst.

 Then the kids and I went out to dinner and a movie.  Husband was busy with...... You guessed it softball.  So all 4 kids and I went to Applebee's.  Many years back, well allot of years back like when I was in my twenties, I was  a corporate trainer for this company.  The kids and I get there and they are on a 30 minute wait.  I head to the bar and find stools for the kids and I.  That should have been a clue, 5 chairs open at the bar when they are on a wait.  After waiting 30 minutes plus for our apps to come out, I ask the bartender to please check on our food.  Then the apps comes out and with that Kaitlyn's meal.  Now I know that our food is in the kitchen ready sitting under the heat lamps.  I tell her to just go ahead and bring it all.  Our food comes out and no lie my chicken breast is cooked and cold.  I ask the bartender if my chicken is supposed to be cold?  She grabs it and the manager delivers it to me warm, pretty much stuck in the microwave, he ask me how everything is tonight.  Really!  I pretty much let him have it, then he tries to tell me that they are very busy and he is really sorry, but the kitchen couldn't keep up.  Ok so really the MOD (Manager on Duty) is apologizing for being busy.  I look at him and politely tell him he should have not open the doors then.

Now on to the movie, we get there and the movie started 15 minutes before their on line times stated.  I am pretty much in the mode of whatever.  The girls and I saw A Joyful Noise.  Wow I loved it.  I didn't get to sit next to the girls who were in the very front row, because the movie was pretty much sold out.  I sat 4 rows back.  Now I have had a crappy dinner and a movie by myself. FUN.  I was really worried about Kaitlyn during the movie, the volume was really loud.  She did great.  There was a part in the movie when the child of the character Queen LaTefa played was telling her he hated God for making him Autistic.  God did this to him.  Now this poor woman next to me must have thought I was having a nervous breakdown.  I was crying so hard that the nose was running.  Yep it was a major cry, when the nose comes into play.  I could only wonder if Kaitlyn understood what he was saying, and did she feel that way.  I couldn't see her reaction, so I guess I will never really know.  Great movie.  A must see.  Taylor went to see a war movie.  We had fun because we were all together.

I have to share with anyone that watched the Space Camp Movie- The Smile as Big as the Moon (Hallmark) tonight, I swear this is Kaitlyn's class in high school.  She has one that is fighting about being put in the class.  There is a kid with major OCD and I happen to drive a young man that has tourettes.   My Kaitlyn is the heavy red head girl.  The one that always gets picked on.  I think I have cried 3 times already.

Sunday, Kaitlyn has her hippo therapy.  That is another name for therapeutic horse back riding lessons. Then back home for a quick nap and to my mom's for dinner.  The girls were happy, because they didn't have to eat my cooking.  The husband stayed back to work on Yep you guessed it more Softball.

Here are a few things I got done this weekend.




The 2 baby hats.  Now for the valentines.  I give my kids that I clean their mommy and daddy's house each a valentine from Mrs. Tiff every year.  Plus Kaitlyn gives her teachers and friends one every year.  I know a Jr. in High School, but she is different.  She loves to make people happy.  My Angle from Heaven.

Hope everyone has a great week:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment