Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 6

Dang!

Sorry for this late post.  Friday was crazy.

I finally got to see the movie "I Don't Know How She Does It" -Loved it.  I watched it with my girls, and there was a part where Sarah Jessica Parker is singing a song that goes something like this....." I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck."  My girls jumped up and said "Hey mom you sing that to us."  I laughed and told them that their grandma sang it to me.  Kaitlyn tells me 'yep grandma has sang that song to me."  Love the simple little things that my mom has done for myself and my little brother and sister.  There were parts of this movie where I thought they were telling my story.   I loved the ending.  It was all about slowing down and enjoying the people in your life, rather than the things.

We all went to the Motorsport monster truck.  I was so proud of Taylor, the only girl in her class.  She finished next to last, but hung with the guys.  The way I was screaming and cheering you would've thought that it was my kid out there.  It was a bit crazy getting there.  I had to swing by my husbands work to pick him up  and then there was an accident on 77 that made us close to 30 minutes late.  We made it!  We watched Taylor ride from the pit seats.  I was waiting to tell her how proud of her I was, when the 4 wheeler race was going on and I swear I ate a mouth full of dirt clumps.  Needless to say after that we were gone.  The mud was spraying everywhere.  I don't mind getting dirty, but not like that.  My husband's face was priceless.With this being our first Monster truck thing, we were way over dressed for the occasion.

Hope everyone has a great weekend:) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment